- The company was incorporated on 30th June, and the certificate of Commencement of Business on July 20th. It is promoted as a joint venture between 20th Century Finance Corporation Ltd, and its associates and Keppel Group of Singapore. It has got a network of ten branches.
- The main equity of the Bank was provided by the promoters, 20th Century Finance Corporation Ltd. & its associates and Keppel Bank of Singapore (now Keppel TatLee Bank Ltd.) through Kephinance Investment (Mauritius) Pte. Ltd.
- 20th Century Finance Corporation Limited, has been amalgamated with Centurion Bank Limited.
- The Bank, set up in a fully computerised environment with ATM facility at every branch and Computer networking between branches can indeed claim to be a `Bank with a difference'.
- The Bank has introduced, for the first time in the country, the concept of `anywhere banking' which enables to operate the account from any other branch of the Bank.
- During the year under review the Bank made an issue of 22,50,000 Equity Shares to the shareholders of promoter company and allotted 9,42,50,000 Equity Shares to the promoters as well as others including Keppel Group, International Finance Corporation and Asian Development Bank out of the application money which had already been received by the Bank.
- New branches were opened at Chennai, Bangalore, Chandigarh, Cochin, Calcutta and Delhi; the number of branches in operation increased from 4 to 10.
- The Bank has been providing financial assistance by way of leasing and direct loans to units engaged in generating non-conventional energy as well as in conservation of energy.
- The Bank proposes to set up 15 more branches, to expand its network to 35 branches.
- The Centurion Bank Ltd, one of the fastest growing new generation private sector banks in the country, is all set to enhance its presence in Kerala.
- During the year, the bank was awarded the highest safety A1 rating by the Industrial Credit Rating Agency.
- Centurion Bank Ltd proposes to open 10 more branches by December. The bank currently has 20 branches and its plans to expand its network to all the major cities in the country.
- Centurion Bank Ltd proposes to be the first bank to offer Internet banking in its true sense.
- The company also recently spun off its Car finance division into a 49:51 joint venture with General Motors Acceptance Corporation (GMAc), one of the largest auto finance companies in the world.
- TCFC Finance Limited has entered into a Finance Support Agreement dated April 8th, and Supplement Agreement dated April 9th, with Centurion Bank Ltd. agreeing to provide financial support over a period of six years.
- The Bank is linked to the Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication (SWIFT) network enabling it to transmit worldwide the financial messages instantly. The Bank will also continue to focus on trade financing, both domestic and international, as a niche-market product.
- Centurion Bank, with the Keppel association, has the distinct advantage of being able to offer the latest in International Banking Services as well as leads on business opportunities available overseas for corporate clients.
- The Bank is also proposing to install software whereby the ATMs can be a part of a shared network through tie-ups with other ATM card issuers as well as credit card issuers.
- The Bank has a diversified loan portfolio managed by personnel with experience in the Banking industry. - The Company's public issue on 20th September, of 3,3750,000 Equity Shares of Rs. 10/- each at par aggregating Rs. 33.75 crores.
- Centurion Bank, meanwhile, has introduced the `single cheque book' facility for its current account holders.
- Centurion Bank Ltd (CBL) has appointed PricewaterhouseCo-opers (PWC) to undertake an `integration audit' of its operations.
- Leading private sector bank, Centurion Bank, has introduced floating interest rate term deposits for the first time in India.
- Centurion Bank and Canada Life Assurance have entered into a tie-up to offer insurance products in the country.
- JM Mutual Fund has entered into a non-exclusive tie-up with Centurion Bank for marketing its schemes.
- Centurion Bank has launched a cash management product - Cash and Transaction Services (CATS) to provide a single window facility to its clients for all their receivables requirements.
- Centurion Bank and Logica Plc of the UK signed a strategic technology alliance, whereby the bank launches a series of new electronic banking products.
- The Bank has opened a new branch with online ATM connectivity at Vellore in Tamil Nadu.
- Mr. M.G. Subbaiah, Senior General Manager, ICICI Ltd, is to join Centurion Bank as Managing Director.
- The Company has signed a deal with Geojit Securities to provide payment gateway for Internet trading.
- The Bank has set up a capital markets division to offer clearing services to leading stock exchanges and offering specialised services to market intermediaries.
- The Board has approved to raise the additional capital by way of a rights issue in the ratio of seven equity shares for every 10 equity shares held at a premium of Rs 2 per share and ESOPS up to Rs 10 crore.
- The Company additional capital by way of a rights issue in the ratio of seven equity shares for every 10 equity shares held at a premium of Rs. 2 per share and has also approved the employee stock option scheme up to Rs. 10 crores for which a compensation committee has been constituted to finalise the scheme.
- Centurion Bank opened a full-fledged branch in Hubli, Karnataka.
- The Company proposed to issue 10,67,29,134 No. of equity shares of Rs 10 each at a premium of Rs 2 per share to the equity shareholders of the company on rights basis in the ratio of seven equity shares for every 10 equity shares.
- Centurion Bank has launched its global debit card -- "Vantage-24" in a tie-up with MasterCard International.
- The Centurion Bank has tied up with the Indian Banks Association's (IBA) shared payment network scheme, known as a Swadhan ATM Network.
- Centurion Bank has tied up with the Indian Bank Association's shared payment network scheme, the `Swadhan ATM Network'.
- Centurion Bank is issuing 10,67,29,134 No. of equity shares of Rs 10 each at a prmeium of Rs 2 on rights basis to boost its capital base.
- Mr. M.J. Subbaiah has resigned as Managing Director of Centurion Bank with effect from March 31.
- Centurion Bank has slipped into the red. Total income for the quarter fell 11.40 per cent to Rs 158.78 crore as against Rs 179.22 crore earlier.
-Mr Janakiraman assumes the charge as the Chairman and MD of the bank.
- Mr. Frank Polman, Nominee of Asian Development Bank (ADB) gives resignation from the Board of the bank and is replaced by Mr. Jayant Dang, who is Alternate Director to Mr. Polman. ADB has appointed Mr. Davendra Mittal as Alternate Director to Mr. Dang.
-Bank Muscat and AIG Indian Sectoral Fund complete their due deligence in the bank
-Mr Roy Karoaglan resigns as Nominee from IFC from the directorship of the company.
-Closes down the capital market branch in the Fort area and converts it into a regular branch.
-Introduced 'MYCBOL' , an international banking service, which is availabe free at www.centurionbank.com
-Receives extension of three months from RBI to publish its annual reports.
-Enters into a deal with eSeva of Andhra Pradesh Government to enable its customers make payment of utility bills online.
-Rana Talwar bids for centurion bank through sabre capital worldwide marks the resurgence of the banker-entrepreneur.
-Rana Talwar's Sabre Capital worldwide completed its due deligence exercise on the bank. It ties up with CDC fund and Chrysalis capital to introduce formal bid for centurion bank.
-Mr V Janakiraman re-appointed as the CMD of the bank.
-Asian Development Bank team approaches RBI to recast the equity structure of the bank.
-Launches mobile phone based 'SMS Alerts' a value added premium service.
-Revises the capital restructuring plan by which the existing paid up capital of Rs.1524.7 million would be reduced to Rs.152.47 million.
-Proposes Rs.65cr rights-cum-public issue to hit the market by third quarter in the year.
-Receives in-principle approval of RBI to restructure the equity fund of the bank.
-IFC brings down its equity share in the bank from 8.6% to 2.72% .
-Bombay high court approves for the scheme of amalgamation filed with the court for restructuring and recapitalisation of the bank.
-Introduced 'online railway ticket booking service' for its Kerala customers.
-Ties up with the Indian Navy to disburse salary on behalf of the naval staff across the country.
-Karnataka High court approves for the merger of Bank Muscat with Centurion Bank.
-Centurion Bank inducts Morgan for rights issue
-Mr Shailendra Bhandari appointed as Managing Director
-Centurion Bank Ltd has informed that Mr. Shailendra Bhandari has assumed charge as Managing Director of the Bank w.e.f. February 1, 2004.
Accordingly, the tenure of Mr.V. Jankiraman as Chairman and Managing Director has ended on January 31, 2004 on Mr. Shalendra Bhandari assuming charge as Managing Director.
-Kephinance Investment [Mauritius] Pte Limited has informed that they have acquired 28,030,000 shares amounting to 4.94% of the total paid up capital of Centurion Bank Limited
-Centurion forges alliance with BankMuscat to offer foreign currency products
-Centurion Bank has inked a pact with Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance Company to distribute the latter's bancassurance products through branches in the country as part of plans to grow fee-based income
-Centurion Bank forges alliance with Euronet
-Boards of Directors of Centurion Bank and Bank of Punjab Ltd on June 29, 2005 approves merger of two banks. The combined bank will be called Centurion Bank of Punjab